Friday, October 24, 2008

My favorite hikes (so far)

I absolutely love the outdoors. Some of my favorite memories are hiking with friends and family. Whether it be snowshoeing up the provo canyon or exploring far off places, i just love to hike. Here are my top 5 favorite hikes I have had the opportunity to visit.
The Narrows

The narrows is the probably the easiest of these hikes to get to. Its just out in the middle of Zions near St. George. It is absolutely breathtaking, however if i were to do it again i would definetely do it in 2 days instead of 1. By the end we were way too exhausted to really appreciate how wonderful it was.

Havasupai


Havasupai is a great beginners hike with excelent rewards. It is only about 8 miles in and 8 miles out. Havasupai is one of the most beautiful places i have ever been, i could spend forever just playing in the many waterfalls and mineral pools.

John Muir Trail


Too be candid I haven't done the entire trail. But i did do about 55 miles of it. I loved it, it is so beautiful and I have never felt a greater sense of accomplishment than finishing the hike. Im sure i would enjoy it even more now than i did when i was 15.


Machu Pichu


You dont have to hike when you go to Machu Pichu but if you don't your really missing out. It only takes about an hour to get to the top of that peak you see in the picture. It is kind of a scary little jaunt because the steps are just holes in the stone which are almost always wet. But the view is amazing.


Torres De Paine


Torres de Paine in Southern Chile is hands down the coolest place i have ever been to. My parents and I spent 3 days just hinking its terrain and enjoying the scenery. Besides the towers which i have shown, the glaciers are the coolest things. I have never seen any thing so electric blue in my life. I would highly recomend that any outdoor enthusiast visit Torres de Paine at some point in thier lives.



1 comment:

Ariel said...

Awesome hikes! I want to go hiking in Chile so bad. some day when I'm rich I'll go!